[Mailman-Users] Non-members keep receiving messages from the listserv

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Tue Sep 16 22:27:52 CEST 2014

On 09/16/2014 09:31 AM, Hung Phan wrote:
> We thought about that too. However, we have the 1-click unsubscribe at the
> bottom of the message so members can unsubscribe themselves. The link
> contains the email address and they are the one that don't exist. We also
> ask the users and they confirmed they don't have other email addresses or
> forwarding.

So you know the address which is being sent messages from a list, but
the address is not a member of the list you are looking at. Is the
address a member of a sibling list? I.e. does the list have any
Non-digest options -> regular_include_lists and if so, is this address a
member of one of them?

If not, there is another list in another Mailman instance which is
sending these messages. Examine the Received: headers of the received
message to determine the IP address of the server that's sending them