[Mailman-Users] Moderation notifications for the sender?

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Tue Sep 16 04:13:00 CEST 2014

On 09/15/2014 11:50 AM, Carl Zwanzig wrote:

> It sounds like you're looking for a technical solution to a
> non-technical problem. Unless the party-invite senders are added all the
> target lists, I think they'll have to take your word that the messages
> have been let through.

Or each list itself is added to all the other lists
accept_these_nonmembers via the @listname syntax, but it seems that that
isn't wanted here as some messages are not approved.

One possibility is to turn off respond_to_post_requests so the users
don't get the notice that their message was held.

Another possibility is to make an edited postheld.txt template (see the
FAQ at <http://wiki.list.org/x/jYA9>) which says something to the affect
that if you don't receive a rejection notice, you can assume your post
was accepted, and then reject the posts you don't want.