[Mailman-Users] Moderation notifications for the sender?

christian studer cstuder at existenz.ch
Mon Sep 15 09:28:14 CEST 2014

Ah, I forgot to say that the sender is usually not a list member in my case
(That's why the moderation kicks in.)

So the sender get's the 'you-will-be-moderated' mail, but is never notified
when his mail has been approved, leaving him hanging in the air with
existential dread.

The documentation says about the 'receive acknowledgement' option: "Note:
If you are not subscribed to the list, this option cannot be used. You must
either check the archives yourself (if the list has public archives), ask
someone who is subscribed to the list, or subscribe to use this option."

Any other option I might have overlooked?

Thank you,
  christian

> On 09/14/2014 04:26 AM, christian studer wrote:
> >
> > I'm unable to figure out if there's a configuration option to inform a
> > sender that a moderated message of him has been approved. Is this
> > functionality available in Mailman 2.1?
>

> There is no explicit option per se, but the sender should receive a copy
> of the post or an acknowledgment if the sender's "Receive
> acknowledgement mail when you send mail to the list?" option is Yes, at
> least if the sender is a list member.
>
> --

http://hymnos.existenz.ch
(In Wirklichkeit gar nicht anwesend.)