[Mailman-Users] Moderation by email instead of web interface ?

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Wed Sep 3 08:00:01 CEST 2014

On 08/26/2014 01:43 AM, BONNET, Frank wrote:

> Anyone could send me some info on how to configure a particuliar list
> to be moderated through email and NOT with the web interface with
> the Approve mechanism

Set General Options -> admin_immed_notify to Yes in the list's web admin
interface. This will cause a notice to be sent to the owner(s) and
moderator(s) for each held message. The notice will contain a MIME
message/rfc822 part From: the list's -request address with Subject:
equal 'confirm <token>' where <token> is a string identifying the held
message and body

Mailman will discard the held message.  Do this if the message is spam.
 If you reply to this message and include an Approved: header with the
list password in it, the message will be approved for posting to the
list.  The Approved: header can also appear in the first line of the
body of the reply.

Note that "reply to this message" refers to the message/rfc822 part, not
the outer message. I.e., the reply should go to the list's -request
address and have a Subject: of 'confirm <token>' or 'Re: confirm <token>'.