[Mailman-Users] Moderator Passwords

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Tue Sep 2 04:53:24 CEST 2014

On 09/01/2014 10:55 AM, David Andrews wrote:

> Ami I missing something?  Are there restrictions on the password?  Does
> the e-mail have restrictions or qualifications?  Why is this always so
> difficult?

Just a bit more on Stephen's answer.

See the FAQ at <http://wiki.list.org/x/5YA9>.

The email address(es) in the moderator attribute only determine who
receives notices. They have nothing to do with who can moderate a list.
The people who can moderate the list are those and only those who know
one of the two passwords (administrator and moderator) entered on the
web admin Passwords section.

Are the moderators trying to use their own list member password? That
won't work.