[Mailman-Users] config.pck files

Christopher Adams adamsca at gmail.com
Thu Oct 30 17:03:48 CET 2014

Hello all,

A list that is hosted here reported that the membership list and other
settings had reverted to previous content.

I took a look at the files and see this:

-rw-rw---- 1 mailman mailman 14526 Oct 30 08:00 config.pck
-rw-rw---- 1 mailman mailman 48950 Sep 29 13:15 config.pck.corrupt
-rw-rw---- 1 mailman mailman 14526 Oct 30 08:00 config.pck.last
-rw-rw---- 1 apache  mailman 49499 Sep 29 16:38 config.pck.safety

It looks like the config.pck file was corrupt. Just for clarification, what
are the other config.pck* files ? Since teh config.pck.safety looks like it
is much larger in size, and I ran ./dumpdb to read it and it appears to be
more current data, I am thinking that I can use it to overwrite the
config.pck, which apparently was used because the file was corrupt.

Can someone explain how these files work when the file becomes corrupt?

Can I just copy the config.pck.safety to config.pck ?

Many thanks

--
Christopher Adams
adamsca at gmail.com