[Mailman-Users] Server config problems

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Mon Oct 13 03:23:37 CEST 2014

Tracey McCartney writes:

 > The question for me always seems to boil down to whether my own sanity is
 > best preserved trying to fix this where it is or to do yet another host
 > move. :/

If it's *just* Mailman and you have ssh access (and permission to
change the configuration files), we can walk you through it.  Keep
notes, as a poorly done upgrade by the host could cause the issue to
regress.  But if otherwise you're satisfied with the host, well, we'll
always be here -- no need to change.

 > I don't know why this host won't get its #$^& together re. Mailman.

Well, it could be a symptom of inadequate staffing (in some sense, of
course you rarely get more than you pay for).  But I suspect many
hosting services expect that cPanel and Mailman take care of
everything and chalk issue up to user error.  It's a compliment to us,
of sorts. :-)