[Mailman-Users] HTML content from GMX gets scrubbed in archive

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sun Oct 5 16:51:09 CEST 2014

On 10/04/2014 09:25 AM, Peter Wetz wrote:

> any help is appreciated. the simple question is: how can html-mails be
> properly displayed in the pipermail-archive without any scrubbing..?

Presumably you read the documentation for ARCHIVE_HTML_SANITIZER in
Defaults.py when you set it to 3 including the "Note: this is very
dangerous ..." part of the description of the "3" setting. Did you also
read the next paragraph which says "Note: given the current archiving
code, it is not possible to leave text/html parts inline and un-escaped.
 I wouldn't think it'd be a good idea to do anyway."?

So the answer to your simple question is simply "you can't".

See the FAQ at <http://wiki.list.org/x/coA9> for some alternatives.