[Mailman-Users] Mailman List Unsubscribe notification

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Thu Oct 2 02:54:39 CEST 2014

On 10/01/2014 09:31 AM, Srinivas B. wrote:

> I have noticed lots of bounces and set the automated bounce-processing
> to "No" in order to stop it. But then I have seen few more
> unsubscriptions thru bounce processing. Is this simply a residual
> bounces of some sort or the setting isn't working? I will continue to
> monitor on the list to see what happens. Thanks.

Once a list member's delivery is disabled by bounce, Mailman's
cron/disabled will continue to send warning notices and eventually
remove the member regardless of whether or not bounce processing is on
for the list.

If you want to stop this process see the script at
<http://www.msapiro.net/scripts/reset_bounce.py> (mirrored at
<http://fog.ccsf.edu/~msapiro/scripts/reset_bounce.py>) for a way to
re-enable delivery for those members whose delivery is disabled by bounce.