[Mailman-Users] UnicodeDecodeError accessing into web admin interface

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri Nov 28 05:46:05 CET 2014

On 11/26/2014 10:43 PM, Mark Sapiro wrote:

> I have been unsuccessful in my attempts to duplicate this exception. Can
> you tell me exactly what strings caused this problem and how you set
> them in Mailman?

With the kind assistance of the OP who provided me with problem
config.pck files, I have determined that the exception is thrown when
certain text values are unicodes instead of strings.

This is reported at <https://bugs.launchpad.net/mailman/+bug/1397170>.

The fix is at
<http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~mailman-coders/mailman/2.1/revision/1505>.