[Mailman-Users] Archiving : 2 Questions

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri Nov 7 05:47:28 CET 2014

On 11/06/2014 10:20 AM, John Young wrote:
> Sorry, I should have noted that the current archives are in month batches which is what we are after for all of our mail lists.
>
> - archiving
> - monthly
> - private (admins only)

Private archives are available to any list member who authenticates with
her list password.

There is no setting that makes an archive available to the list admin only.

> On 7/11/2014, at 7:17 am, John Young <jy at wetafx.co.nz> wrote:
>
>> 1 - We want to enable private archiving on all of our mailman lists.  Some already have archiving , most don’t.  But we want this enabled on all so we have the ability to go through the postings.

Put the following 3 lines in a file

archive = 1
archive_private = 1
archive_volume_frequency = 1

Then run the following shell script

#! /bin/sh
for list in `/path/to/mailman/bin/list_lists --bare` ; do
/path/to/mailman/bin/config_list -i /path/to/above/file $list
done

See the script at <http://www.msapiro.net/scripts/prune_arch>