[Mailman-Users] Unsubscribe Using Web Form

Greg Sims greg at headingup.net
Thu Nov 6 18:42:51 CET 2014

Hi Mark,

We are making good progress on our project thanks to your help a couple of
weeks ago.  The Subscribe portion of the process is working and the text is
being translated into Chinese.

I'm struggling with the Unsubscribe portion of the project.  I extended the
webform but can't get it to work.  My goal is for our users to use the same
web page to subscribe to and unsubscribe from the list with a minimum
number of interactions.  I understand the need for the two stage
subscription process with email confirmation -- this is required (and
working).  I would like the Unsubscribe to be one click and done.

Please note the user has no idea they have a system generated password --
this is as it should be to keep things simple.  Most of our users are older
and only have the skills to deal with minimal user complexity.  We need to
keep things simple as a result.

Thanks in advance for your help, Greg

PS.  I looked at the Drupal extension for Mailman.  It carries too much
overhead for large size lists.  We already have a mailman list with 10,000
users and hope to double this number next year.  We can't afford to have a
Drupal user account for each of these users.