[Mailman-Users] Mountain Lion server trouble

nxnw nxnw at rogers.com
Tue Nov 4 17:59:02 CET 2014

> OK, here are steps taken for a (mostly) successful installation on Mountain
> Lion server, including migration from the apple-supplied mailman previously
> running under Lion.

Short update respecting a further system upgrade from Mountain Lion server to Mavericks server. Two things:

1. Mostly good news - after the OS and server.app upgrades, mailman was (mostly) running. The only thing that was not working was the web interface. After a bit of investigation, I found that the upgrade overwrote /Library/Server/Web/Config/apache2/httpd_server_app.conf, so that file had to be edited (again) to add the following:

	#Mailman
	Include /private/etc/apache2/extra/httpd-mailman.conf

I put the above right after "Include /Library/Server/Web/Config/apache2/other/*.conf". Apache must be restarted after the edit.

2. httpd_server_app.conf was overwritten again during a subsequent, minor update of server.app. Editing, as shown above, fixed it.