[Mailman-Users] multiple mailing list passwords

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Fri May 30 10:42:40 CEST 2014

Tanstaafl writes:

 > It *does*...

It does??  As you described it, he can let passwordmaker choose his
password.  But he says he can't do that.  Or he can specify the whole
password as the prefix, which is insecure.  And AIUI that's not
acceptable to him either, as far as I can see he's very concerned
about security.  So what's the third option that is both secure and
allows use of the current password?

As far as I can see, you're just saying the requirements are stupid.
I tend to agree (for several reasons), but unfortunately it's also
common that one needs to follow them anyway, and AFAICS the OP is in
that situation.

 > now who is missing what?

I could very easily be missing something that nobody has put into
words yet, of course.