[Mailman-Users] multiple mailing list passwords

Lucio Chiappetti lucio at lambrate.inaf.it
Tue May 27 12:11:42 CEST 2014

On Mon, 26 May 2014, Tanstaafl wrote:

> On 5/26/2014 8:21 AM, Lucio Chiappetti wrote:
>> Is anybody aware of any firefox add-on which allows to remember multiple
>> password for one hostname (e.g. based on the full url of the list admin
>> page) ?
>
> My all time favorite:
> www.passwordmaker.org
> Doesn't store passwords anywhere (generates the password on the fly

Unfortunately this presupposes the ability to change the remote lsit admin
password, which in my case is fixed since it is shared by various
co-moderators

I found a solution inspired by Saved Password Editor (but I'm not sure
whether SPE is required, or just allows to see and edit what is normally
stored by firefox anyhow. For SPE (and perhaps firefox by default) ...
> > The lookup key for passwords in HTML forms consists of the host
> > prefix, submit prefix, and username.

If my mailing lists are on a remote server, and accessed via the usual
mailman authentication form, the host prefix and submit prefix are the
same. There is no username, so one cannot have separate entries for
different mailing lists on the same server.