[Mailman-Users] Yahoo Groups' From munging and X-Original-From

Peter Shute pshute at nuw.org.au
Sun May 25 19:27:42 CEST 2014

I'm not comfortable with an email address in the display name not matching the real address. If I saw that in a non list email, it would look spammy to me.

I don't like the idea of users getting used to seeing that sort of thing as normal, and there's the problem that lots of mail clients will only show the first few characters of the long display name. Would this be better:
From: " [some-mail-list] Mark Rousell markr at signal100.com <some-mail-list at yahoogroups.com>

Peter Shute

Sent from my iPad