[Mailman-Users] Making a Mailman legacy archive searchable?

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri May 23 20:48:04 CEST 2014

On 05/23/2014 10:28 AM, Peter Weyland wrote:
> Anyone recommend a searchable archive for MM? We are up to date with version 2.1.18

I've been using ht://Dig together with my update of Richard Barrett's
Mailman integration patches for some time.

The latest 2.1.18 patch can be found at
<http://www.msapiro.net/mm/index_htdig.patch.2.1.18> (mirrored at
<http://fog.ccsf.edu/~msapiro/mm/index_htdig.patch.2.1.18>).

Other relevant things of interest in that directory are:

_README  -> description of what's there
INSTALL.htdig-mm.html -> Richards installation document
htdig/ - ht://Dig documentation
nightly_htdig   \
rundig          /  patches to files of the same name to implement and
                   use an 'update' option to rundig to update rather
                   than rebuild existing search indexes from scratch.

Also, see the FAQ at <http://wiki.list.org/x/MoA9>.