[Mailman-Users] Possible to include unique link to archive in each message?

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Mon May 19 16:29:45 CEST 2014

Mark Rousell writes:

 > Can Mailman include the web archive URL for a message in the message
 > header itself?

Mailman 2 can't.  Mailman 3 is able to do it, but I'm not sure what
the state of the art on implementing this conveniently for list owers
is.

 > As far as I can see, Mailman should have all the info it needs to be
 > able to add such a header or footer field.

Nope.  Mailman core doesn't have the sequence number as used in the
archive (it is not necessarily the same as the one that would be put
in the Subject header).  It's the province of the archiver, which is a
separate progrom.  So Mailman has no idea what the sequence number is.
What Mailman 3 provides is a way for the archiver to tell Mailman what
the URL will be.