[Mailman-Users] Subscription flood

Jan Steinman Jan at Bytesmiths.com
Thu May 15 01:23:27 CEST 2014

> I've got a problem with one of my lists where it's being flooded with spurious subscription requests... from the same address...

Perhaps obvious, and perhaps in the FAQ Mark linked, but this sounds like a job for ipfw to me.

I regularly get spambot subscription requests, and they go right in the firewall. (For example: "ipfw add deny tcp from 1.2.3.4 to any". You could add port 25, but I figure if they are so lax to allow email list spambots, I don't need to listen to them at all.)

Generally, they're from countries I could care less about, but if they come from someplace "civilized," I may let their abuse address know. (Found via "whois 1.2.3.4", for example.)

:::: Half a man's wisdom goes with his courage. -- Ralph Waldo Emerson