[Mailman-Users] Saving list subscribers from a backup

Lindsay Haisley fmouse at fmp.com
Tue May 13 02:58:08 CEST 2014

On Mon, 2014-05-12 at 16:14 -0400, Bernie Cosell wrote:
> in the face of zillions of bounce/unsubscribes thanks to the DMARC mess,
> what I'd like to do is get the sysadmin to snapshot the list members
> from, say, a week ago.

I ought to also point out that using config.db or config.pck will only
get you information about _current_ subscribers, including those whose
subscriptions are still present but disabled because of bounces.
Pulling a pure and simple list of email addresses from the latter group
out of the config database generally requires a bit of jiggery-pokery
with a text editor, but the database dump has everything fairly clearly
labeled.  You can use the ~mailman/bin/dumpdb utility to get a
plain-text dump of the database once you determine the full path to the
config database (config.db or config.pck).  If you can get a backup copy
of the config file from before about Apr. 8 then all the information you
want will be there.  Absent this, once actual auto-unsubscriptions
started, the only way to recover auto-unsubscribed addresses is by
pulling them from Mailman's subscribe log file, as noted in my previous
email.

--
Lindsay Haisley       | "Everything works if you let it"
FMP Computer Services |