[Mailman-Users] Private Archives Aren't Private

Kevin Monceaux Kevin at RawFedDogs.net
Thu May 8 15:44:49 CEST 2014

On Wed, May 07, 2014 at 03:14:13PM -0500, Kevin Monceaux wrote:

> I have 2.1.18 installed via FreeBSD ports and have set up a test list.
> The list archives are set to private.  When I visit the list info page it
> displays (The current archive is only available to the list members.) next
> to the archive link, but I can click the link and view the archives
> without being prompted to log in first.  I'm probably overlooking
> something simple.

I was overlooking something simple.  I had an Alias in my Apache virtual
host configuration that was bypassing the mailman CGI script when accessing
the private archives.  I think it was something I added when trying to
figure out a private archive directory permission problem.  Sorry for the
unnecessary noise.

--

Kevin
http://www.RawFedDogs.net

What's the definition of a legacy system? One that works!
Errare humanum est, ignoscere caninum.