[Mailman-Users] DMARC and Reply-To lines with from_is_list munging.

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Thu May 8 04:46:28 CEST 2014

Jim Popovitch writes:
 > On Wed, May 7, 2014 at 6:47 PM, Mark Sapiro <mark at msapiro.net> wrote:
 > > We are trying to talk with DMARC proponents,
 >
 > You won't be successful until those people themselves figure out what
 > they are doing

That's true, but those folks (or, more accurately, their bosses) have
their shorts in a knot over the recent attacks.  I don't have a lot of
sympathy for the corporations which have a long history of half-baked
implementations, but our best bet is to help them figure it out.

 > (and then they agree to quit using the Internet as a testbed)  :-)

But there is no other.  I can't really blame them for eventually going
live, I just wish they tried harder to work and play well with others.

 > Honestly, they (one of the principal DMARC spec authors works for
 > Yahoo) ignored their own advice, imagine how well that would go
 > over in some other industries.

Happens all the time.  Ford Pinto gas tanks, space shuttle O-rings,
the list goes on.  Let's have some perspective: nobody died this time.
And I doubt the principal authors ignored their own advice; some PHB
did it.