[Mailman-Users] Add PayPal to DNs publishing DMARC p=reject

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Wed May 7 15:59:35 CEST 2014

Peter Shute writes:

 > Thanks, I understand now. If the result of this is that replies go
 > to everyone on the list, this is something we don't want for our
 > list. Private replies becoming public means trouble, and we have
 > enough of it already when people Reply All by accident.

In that case, in Mailman 2.1.18-1, you probably get the best of all
worlds by setting

    'from_is_list' to 'Munge From'

which puts the list in "From", deleting any other addresses from
"From" (thus disabling DMARC), and then puts the poster in "Reply-To",

    'reply_to_list' to 'Poster'

which leaves the "Reply-To" header as it finds it.  Finally, set

    'personalize' to 'Full Personalization'

which puts the recipient in "To".  The first two are on the General
Options page, the last on the Nondigest Options page.

The rules for these options are complicated, but if I've thought
correctly about this, in most cases the header of the post as
distributed to subscribers will say