[Mailman-Users] Changes to archive templates have no effect

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Tue May 6 20:01:02 CEST 2014

On 05/06/2014 02:04 AM, Henrik Rasmussen wrote:

> When I change my templates in /usr/lib/mailman/templates/site/da/ (like admlogin.html) I see the changes taking effect (immediately, even though I didn't restart Mailman), but any changes I make to the Archive templates located in the same directory doesn't seem to have any effect.

The archives are static HTML pages built using the templates that were
in effect when they were built. The table of contents and the current
index pages will be rebuilt when a new message is archived, but the
older index pages and the archived message pages will never be rebuilt.

If you want to update the entire archive to use your new templates, you
have to rebuild it with bin/arch --wipe for each list.

You may also be interested in the script at
<http://www.msapiro.net/scripts/update_archive_mtime>