[Mailman-Users] new users added to custom MemberAdaptor don't get emails

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sat May 3 23:55:09 CEST 2014

Mark Sapiro wrote:

> On 05/02/2014 08:07 AM, Viktor Dick wrote:
>> Hi folks,
>> I have a setup where lists are not open to be joined by anyone but are
>> managed by an LDAP database. The database is queried once an hour and
>> the members of each list are written to a file which is then read in
>> whenever anything is posted to a list.
>
> I can't say more about what to do without actually seeing your
> MemberAdaptor, however you might look at
> <https://bugs.launchpad.net/mailman/+bug/558106> for an alternative.

OK, I took a quick look at your stuff from
<http://sourceforge.net/projects/ldapsync/files/>.

I think your issue is you rely on extend.py to instantiate
FileMemberships and reload the member data when the list is instantiated.

I suspect your Mailman is 2.1.14 or older which maintains a list cache
in the qrunners so the list gets instantiated and cached and further
references to the list object retrieve it from the cache and update it
as needed, but it is never again actually instantiated so extend.py is
never called again.