[Mailman-Users] 2.1.18 internal documentation suggestions

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Thu May 1 06:20:21 CEST 2014

On 04/30/2014 09:06 PM, Lindsay Haisley wrote:
> On Wed, 2014-04-30 at 17:42 -0700, Mark Sapiro wrote:
>> If this is set to Wrap Message, just wrap the message in an outer
>> message From: the list with Content-Type: message/rfc822.
>>
> Since this is the _outer_ wrapper, shouldn't this be multipart/mixed?
> The inner _real_ list post is Content-Type: message/rfc822.

Actually, initially, an outer message with Content-Type: message/rfc822
is created with body equal to the original message. I.e. as described.

But, by the time the user receives it, it will have been decorated with
msg_header and/or msg_footer assuming at least one is non empty, and it
then becomes some subset of

multipart/mixed
    text/plain      <- the msg_header
    message/rfc822  <- the original message
    text/plain      <- msg_footer

but initially, it is just a single part message/rfc822 message
containing the original message, analogous to a single part text/plain
message containing a plain text body.