[Mailman-Users] handler to auto detach attachment and link it to a website?

Sylvain Viart sylvain at opensource-expert.com
Wed Mar 26 12:49:27 CET 2014

Hi,

I've a project to setup a mailman for newsletter.

I've found many interesting links about it. I will post them as a
reminder at the end of this message, as it can help someone else.

My question is:

Is there any handler that I can setup in the pipeline to:

  * detach an attachment
  * post it to a webservice (or run a script uploading it to an online
    storage)
  * modify the content of the mail, linking it to the online stored
    attachment

?

Or a good base to program it.

The goal to achieve, is to permit restricted sender to write mail with
attachment but do not replicate it to all member of the list.

Also for non technical writer, uploading the attachment and linking may
be too painful.

Regards,
Sylvain.

Reference links, some may be pretty old.

newsletter : How do I create a newsletter/announcement/one-way list?
http://wiki.list.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=4030685

personalisation VERP exemple de mail, simple piste :
https://mail.python.org/pipermail/mailman-users/2003-February/026008.html

4.48. How can I change the HTML (or .txt) templates used by my mailing
lists?
http://wiki.list.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=4030605

4.33. How do I put a subscribe form for my list on a web page?
<http://wiki.list.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=4030596>

3.40. I want to completely customize the look and feel of Mailman – how
do I do that? <http://wiki.list.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=4030560>

What is the largest list Mailman can run?
<http://wiki.list.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=4030518>

[Mailman-Users] Keeping the Publich_HTML subscription page from popping
up. <http://www.mail-archive.com/mailman-users%40python.org/msg24296.html>

[Mailman-Users] Editing confirm page
<http://www.mail-archive.com/mailman-users%40python.org/msg32261.html>

Mailman processes incoming messages through a pipeline of handlers which
each do parts of the message processing
<http://wiki.list.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=7602227>