[Mailman-Users] Unsubscribed members still getting emails.

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri Mar 14 15:54:58 CET 2014

On 03/13/2014 11:14 PM, Colin wrote:
> I have got a problem that has suddenly arisen.
>
> Three members left my mailing list over a year ago and they stopped getting
> messages. Suddenly last week all 3 started getting emails again. Their email
> addresses are not in the membership list. I have not made any changes to the
> list.

Have you checked the list membership for their addresses and possible
alternative addresses that forward to them since this started?

If their addresses "reappeared" on the list, there are a couple of ways
that could have happened. An old version of lists/LISTNAME/config.pck
could have been inadvertently restored, or if this mailman was upgraded
from 2.0, there could have been an old config.db from 2.0 that wasn't
removed, and if the config.pck became corrupt somehow, Mailman would
fall back to the config.db. This would be logged in Mailman's error log.

If the addresses are not on the current membership list, you need to
obtain a copy of one of these mails as delivered to the former member
and examine the complete headers to see how it got to the destination.
If you need help, you can post the headers here.