[Mailman-Users] add mailto: link to the bottom of each posting

Steve Nospam stevenospam2000 at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 13 15:00:51 CET 2014

Because each email client deals with mime differently, I would like to add a link to the bottom of each posting that would allow the recipient to click and replay to the posting.  This will allow digest recipients to reply more easily and hopefully avoid replies with the entire digest being sent back.

mailto: listname at my.domain subject=subject of the message being read

In my experiments, I see that gmail interprets the digest as a single email with all the postings strung together and no ability to reply to a particular message.  Outlook creates a separate attachment for each posting in the digest.  With a handler like above, digests would become much more useful for my lists.  I've done lots of searching the archives and have not found this capability.