[Mailman-Users] Suspending Requests for Subscription

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Mon Mar 10 18:54:41 CET 2014

On 03/10/2014 03:26 AM, certuspersonality wrote:
> Mailman is installed on the Linux server that I am subscribed to.
> I can only make changes by going into cpanel, Mailing Lists, choosing
> the list in question ..., General Options
> Section.
> In which section should I change a setting?

None of the things I suggested can be done from the Mailman list admin
web UI. They all require direct access to the Mailman installalation on
the server which users of a cPanel hosted Mailman typically don't have.

See the FAQ at <http://wiki.list.org/display/DOC/Mailman+and+CPanel>.

> The following is a typical email requesting a list subscription:

That email is the notice from Mailman to the list owner of a pending
subscription. It doesn't say how the subscription request arrived to
Mailman.

The bottom line is in a cPanel hosted Mailman installation, there is
probably nothing more you can do beyond what you've been doing.