[Mailman-Users] Mailman ui only running on localhost 127.0.0.1

Lauren Baird lauren.baird at gmail.com
Fri Jun 27 01:48:14 CEST 2014

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to Python, Mailman and Virtual Environments so please excuse any
silly questions...

I have an existing python app running on my webserver at:
subdomain.mydomain.com
I have additionally installed mailman and the ui which is available on port
8000 via lynx on the command line at:
lynx 127.0.0.1:8000
I had to install this in a virtual environment as the python version was
different to the original app/what was available in yum.

What I can't do is now get mailman's ui to show up on anything but the
localhost.
How do I direct either

subdomain.mydomain.com:8000
or
subdomain2.mydomain.com

to the mailman interface?
I can't quite seem to work out why its only listening on localhost:

> netstat -anp | grep 80
tcp   0    0 127.0.0.1:8000   0.0.0.0:*   LISTEN      3780/python
tcp   0    0 127.0.0.1:8001   0.0.0.0:*   LISTEN      2608/python
tcp   0    0 :::80           :::*         LISTEN      3849/httpd

Thanks!
Lauren