[Mailman-Users] [discuss] configuration of the maillist server from 1net.org

Sun Jun 22 20:18:32 CEST 2014

On 6/22/14, 1:52 PM, Peter Shute wrote:
> Will gmail recognise the message as a duplicate even if the list has added a prefix to the subject line, and a footer?
>
> Peter Shute

To my knowledge, the ONE thing that gmail checks is the Message-ID:
header, if that matches, it is a duplicate and dropped. It is not
checking for the messages being "identical", it is detecting
"duplicates", as defined by the RFCs for Email (if two messages are
different, they must have different Message-ID:s).

--
Richard Damon