[Mailman-Users] user configuration

willi uebelherr willi.uebelherr at gmail.com
Fri Jun 20 20:28:27 CEST 2014

Dear friends,

i am new on this list and come with a question to the overlay of admin
configurations over the users configurations.

In some maillist i have the problems, that the user configuration
a) Receive your own posts to the list?  YES
b) Avoid duplicate copies of messages?  NO

is not working. On some maillists it is working. Never i administrate a
mailman instance. I need some ideas to search in the documentation to
this configuration overlay.

I am not shure, that this admin configuration overlay exist. But it
seems like that.

All the admin persons don't answer to my question. Maybe they don't
understand my question. But it is simple.

a) Receive your own posts to the list?  YES
With YES, if you send a mail to the list server, he distribute this mail
also to you.

b) Avoid duplicate copies of messages?  NO
With NO, the distribution act without any check of your address in TO or CC.

Because it don't work in general, i think, there is a admin
configuration point to setup a general method over the users method.

many thanks for your work, and many greetings, willi
(currently) Panama City