[Mailman-Users] Add member to multiple lists

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri Jun 20 08:02:51 CEST 2014

On 06/19/2014 09:41 PM, Hung Phan wrote:
> We use the add_members command to add members into a list. For members, we
> can create a file and include more than one. Is there something similar for
> lists? We want to add members into more than one list.

Make file1 containing the names of the lists you want to add to and
file2 containing the names and addresses of the users you want to add.
Then put this in file3

#! /bin/bash
for l in `cat $1`
do
  /path/to/bin/add_members -r $2 [other options] $l
done

give it execute permission and run

/path/to/file3 /path/to/file1 /path/to/file2