[Mailman-Users] Membership Management PHP UI

Lindsay Haisley fmouse at fmp.com
Mon Jun 16 23:18:33 CEST 2014

On Mon, 2014-06-16 at 14:01 -0700, Peter Knowles wrote:
> I'm attempting to re-create the "Membership Management" using PHP. More
> specifically, I want to be able to view, and modify all column data
> associated with each subscriber in the same way the default Mailman UI does
> (ex. Name, Email, MOD, Hide, Nomail, Ack, Not Metoo, NoDupes, Digest,
> Plain, Language)
>
> The purpose of this request is that I'm working on a PHP based admin UI
> which has company's look and feel, limits exposure to select options, add a
> few custom features, and potentially allows management of multiple lists
> from a single UI.

I do a lot of PHP based system management from authenticated web UIs
which I've written.  The general approach I've taken has been to create
a set of python scripts to do the actual work, and then call them as
needed from my PHP script using exec() and making ample use of the
&$output and &$return_var arguments.  Mailman list administration has
the advantage in this in that it's also written in python.

Make sure the user that your PHP script runs as is in the mailman group.
You can make very good use of ~mailman/bin/withlist -r to do pretty much
whatever you need to do.

--
Lindsay Haisley       | "Everything works if you let it"
FMP Computer Services |