[Mailman-Users] Formatting the Welcome Message

Larry Kuenning larry at qhpress.org
Wed Jun 11 18:01:27 CEST 2014

On 6/11/2014 11:39 AM, Mark Sapiro wrote:

> You can put things like *this is bold* in the message and some MUAs will
> understand that the text between the asterisks is to be rendered in a
> bold font. Similarly /italic/ and _underlined_.

However, Thunderbird, which I use, tries to do this *but fails* when the
begin/end markers occur on separate lines.

Thus _this is important_ will be underlined in Thunderbird, _but this is
also important_ will not (at least if the line break falls within the
markers, as it did when I tested this by sending it to myself).

I suppose one could work around this _by putting extra markers_
_at the end of the first line and the beginning of the second_.

--
Larry Kuenning
larry at qhpress.org