[Mailman-Users] Best method to interface Mailman3 from custom web application

ML mail mlnospam at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 23 18:12:56 CEST 2014

Thanks I will go for the REST API and sorry for bothering the mailman users mailing list. I will use the developers one in the future instead.

On Wednesday, July 23, 2014 5:50 PM, Mark Sapiro <mark at msapiro.net> wrote:

On 07/23/2014 04:58 AM, ML mail wrote:

> I have built a simple mail control panel in PHP where I would like to be able to create new mailing lists, subscribe/unsubscribe members, etc. Now I was wondering what would be the best method for my control panel to do that? I am aware of the following methods:
>
> - using SQL to directly speak with mailman3 database
> - using the REST API
>
> What would you recommend and are there any other alternatives?

I think its been mentioned to you before, but
mailman-developers at python.org is much preferred over
mailman-users at python.org for MM 3 discussion.

In any case, one of the major reasons for splitting MM 3 into separate
pieces with a core engine with a REST API was to facilitate exactly what
you are talking about. So use the REST API.

--
Mark Sapiro <mark at msapiro.net>        The highway is for gamblers,
San Francisco Bay Area, California    better use your sense - B. Dylan