[Mailman-Users] {Disarmed} Re: unable to access admin interface

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Tue Jul 22 23:29:50 CEST 2014

On 07/22/2014 02:20 PM, Chad Rebuck wrote:
> Should I delete each lock in order from oldest to newest, excluding the
> active lock (20307)?  I've deleted a few and waited a few minutes
> between each delete and saw no locks auto disappear yet.

You can go through the whole list looking for non-existent PIDs and
delete all those, or you can delete just the active lock as that is the
one preventing the others from proceeding.

I.e., delete the active lock (assuming its PID is gone) and some waiting
processes may proceed. In any case, a new lock will become active.
Repeat that until no locks remain.

> Would I delete a2-16v-list.lock is I make it down the list that far
> should I leave it alone?

If at some point you are left with only the a2-16v-list.lock and no
a2-16v-list.lock.pogo.PID.* files, you can just remove a2-16v-list.lock,
or I think if you don't, it will be automatically removed the next time
a process locks and unlocks the a2-16v-list list.