[Mailman-Users] Erratic mail delivery times

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Tue Jul 22 07:54:22 CEST 2014

On 07/21/2014 06:50 PM, Peter Shute wrote:

> That was my impression too. It sounds less disruptive, but I wonder if the resulting variability of behaviour of Reply and Reply all would just cause confusion.

In 2.1.18-1, with minor exceptions, 'reply' and 'reply all' do the same
things on a munged message as on a non-munged message. The exceptions
are due to the fact that in 2.1.18-1 the Munge From action always puts
the original From: in Reply-To: so the original From: is always
somewhere. The implication of this is that with list settings
first_strip_reply_to = Yes and reply_goes_to_list = This List, in the
unmunged case, reply goes only to the list and in the munged case, it
goes to the list and the original From: which may mean the original
From: gets a dupe or only a direct and not a list copy.