[Mailman-Users] Senders' email addresses not in archives

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Tue Jul 22 06:14:42 CEST 2014

Conrad G T Yoder writes:

 > [Using 2.1.17]
 >
 > Is there a way to have their email addresses get into the archives
 > and still have the Mung From option turned on?

It looks to me (version 2.1.18, though) like the from corruption is
performed in the CookHeaders Handler.  Perhaps you can move the
ToArchive Handler ahead of CookHeaders in the global pipeline (or list
by list if you prefer).  If I were you I'd wait for confirmation from
Mark that that's safe, though. :-)  It *should* be safe (since
subscriber delivery takes place after ToArchive, ToArchive must be
working on copies of the message and metadata or it would mess delivery
up), but I haven't audited the code.

To do this, GLOBAL_PIPELINE is a Python list, in Defaults.py.  Copy
the whole line to mm_cfg.py, and edit it to move the ToArchive (and
its trailing comma) ahead of CookHeaders.  The usual caveat about
"don't ever edit Defaults.py" applies here.

HTH

Steve