[Mailman-Users] Erratic mail delivery times

Ed Kaler shop at justbrits.com
Mon Jul 21 05:53:55 CEST 2014

<<  On 7/20/2014 3:35 PM, Peter Shute wrote:
> Does dreamhost keep their mailman up to date?  >>

My 'understanding' is that above has a non-answer because there is
allegedly  distinct difference between an ISP offering MM 2.1.15.... and
QUIETLY offering cPanel's "version" ALSO bearing the I.D. as above.

At least my Blue Host "Tech" person related to me.

And yep, just checked one (1) of my List Mails and "source" header
info says BH using "Mailman-Version: 2.1.15".

This little "blurb" may be of interest to some of you <sigh>:
<quote>
With mailings lists larger than 100 users, it is not suggested to use
the above mailing lists[1]. There is another free program, called
DadaMail which is very robust, and can also throttle the email so the
entire list is not sent at once. In the shared hosting environment, this
is very much appreciated by the host as it lowers the server load for
all. If you would like more information on DadaMail, please visit their
website HERE <http://dadamailproject.com/>.
</quote>

I have "mentioned" a few facts learned here (List) whilst either doing eMail
(NON-Lists)"problems" and basically been told that "I" have zero clue(s)
about Mailing Lists and 'mails' ! ! !  Each time has left me LMAO & shaking

But, since I have an extremely sweet deal, I stay.

Ed
" Just Brits "

[1] above = MailMan (on "List Set-up Pages).