[Mailman-Users] Re-formatting messages

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Thu Jul 17 16:32:47 CEST 2014

On 07/17/2014 04:12 AM, Peter Brooks wrote:

> All the messages have exactly the same format, so it'd be really easy
> to write an awk filter to do this, and that'd be my preferred option -
> but I've no idea where to put the script or how to ask mailman to use
> it.

You need a custom handler for your list. See the FAQ at
<http://wiki.list.org/x/l4A9>. The Python handler could do the
reformatting itself or call awk to do it.

> To complicate matters a little bit, I'm using a hosted machine, so I
> have to do everything through CPANEL.

Then you probably can't do this.

> If this isn't possible, my next option would be to send the messages
> to a machine I do have control over - so, if there's a way to do this
> that needs root access then I'd like to know that too, because that's
> plan C.

You could have the originating machine send the message to your machine
which would reformat it and send the reformatted message to the list on
the cPanel machine.