[Mailman-Users] Erratic mail delivery times

Peter Shute pshute at nuw.org.au
Tue Jul 15 03:43:17 CEST 2014

Would grey listing show up in the headers? We haven't installed grey listing here, but who know what our anti spam does. If it's using it then it certainly isn't using it consistently. I can't see anything in the Exchange Message Tracking logs that shows anything unusual as they come in. They simply arrive late.

I dumped from Outlook the last few weeeks of send and received times for stuff I've received from this list. Some of the delays will be moderation time, but I can see that the number of messages delayed longer than a few minutes increased greatly on 11/7/14, but that there is still the occasional one that comes though within a minute.

These are the top two headers from a delayed message. Does this tell me anything other than it was received by the server upstream of mine 21 minutes before it was received by mine? If so then the delay could be before that upstream server sent it on, or while it waited for my server to accept it. If it tried several times, would that be shown in the headers?

 server26.web-hosting.com with esmtp (Exim 4.82)	(envelope-from
 <birding-aus-bounces at birding-aus.org>)	id 1X5NAu-001sA8-Fw; Thu, 10 Jul 2014
 18:50:48 -0400