[Mailman-Users] ALLOW_FROM_IS_LIST, FROM_IS_LIST and http://wiki.list.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=17891458

Steven Owens stevenjowens at gmail.com
Sun Jul 13 20:04:13 CEST 2014

Mark,

A suggestion, you might want to change this page:

http://wiki.list.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=17891458

...to something like:

"If you have Mailman 2.1.16 or newer, set

ALLOW_FROM_IS_LIST = Yes

in mm_cfg.py and then restart mailman.  The from_is_list setting will
then appear on the Admin / General page.  Set the list's from_is_list
setting to either [...]"

I didn't want to edit mm_cfg.py and restart mailman until I knew what
I needed to change for from_is_list.  I did a fair bit of googling and
tail chasing, only finding discussions about ALLOW_FROM_IS_LIST, until
I found a page (the dreamhost mailman wiki) that explicitly said
from_is_list should show up on General/Admin.  Then I guessed that
editing mm_cfg.py and restarting might make it show up.

--
Steven J. Owens
stevenjowens at gmail.com
puff at darksleep.com