[Mailman-Users] Question about rejection messages.

Robert Heller heller at deepsoft.com
Tue Jul 1 13:50:10 CEST 2014

I am the site admin of a server that hosts a bunch of Mailman lists and on the
1st of the month Mailman sends out its monthly reminder messages.  Some of
these messages are bouncing.  Some are *obviously* for people who have changed
E-Mail providers (the bunces say 'User Unknown' or 'Mailbox full').  But some
have 'odd' rejection reasons and I wonder what it really going on.

Comcast is bouncing with the message:
    reason: 554 Transaction Failed Spam Message not queued.

Is this Comcast's way of 'hiding' the fact that the E-Mail address is no
longer valid? That is, does Comcast consider E-Mail to unknown users spam?

Robert Heller             -- 978-544-6933 / heller at deepsoft.com