[Mailman-Users] Sender filter to other list

Sven Jungmar sven.jungmar at gmail.com
Mon Jan 27 19:25:19 CET 2014

Hi all.

We are a scout group with 50 Mailman lists for different groups. The members
of the lists are automatically imported from our member-system every hour.
This works like a charm.

One of the lists (Alla) contains all members and I would like to limit the
senders for all other lists using this list Alla.

When I put @Alla (the name of the list with all members) in the
accept_these_nonmembers-field for any list I get an error message:

Error: Bad email address for option accept_these_nonmembers: @Alla

We are running Mailman 2.1.9 on CentOS 5.2 and there are no upgrades for
Mailman in the repos.

What is the reason for the errors and what should I do to limit senders to
this list?

If it is related to the version of Mailman, is there a patch or workaround
and does someone know a repo I could use to upgrade?

Best Regards

Sven