[Mailman-Users] non-interactive newlist, but send notification

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Tue Jan 28 01:27:43 CET 2014

On 01/27/2014 04:06 PM, Will Yardley wrote:
> Looking at the code, I think I know the answer already, but is there any
> way (with Mailman 2.1.9) to send a notification to the list owner when a
> list is created, but do it in non-interactive mode?

See
<http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~mailman-coders/mailman/2.2/revision/999/bin/newlist#bin/newlist>
for a patch to newlist which adds a -a|--automate option to newlist to
do exactly what you want. Short of applying this patch, you might be
able to use Python's subprocess module to invoke newlist in a way that
you can capture and answer the prompt.