[Mailman-Users] having bounced messages delivered to administrator or sender

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sat Jan 18 22:34:03 CET 2014

Hugo Vandeputte wrote:
> Hello,
> I used mailman recently for a new mailing list, and after some time I
> discovered that bounced messages are not delivered to the sender or the
> administrator. In my memory, they were delivered in older installations
> of mailman.
> Is there an option to configure such delivery?

If bounce_processing is Yes and bounce_notify_owner_on_disable is Yes, the
bounce that causes the user's bounce score to reach the threshold and
disables delivery will be attached to the notice to the admin. Other
bounces simply increment the user's bounce score, and that fact is logged
in Mailman's bounce log, but the bounce message itself is neither saved
nor reported. This has always been the case in standard Mailman 2.1.x.