[Mailman-Users] Alternative authentication mechanisms for Mailman

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Mon Jan 13 14:17:33 CET 2014

Rainer Hoerbe writes:

 > If one is using mailman in an environment that has some identity
 > management system, such as Kerberos, a SAML federation or OAUTH,
 > mailman should be integrated into such an single sign on system to
 > get rid of passwords.

Some work has been done on SSO (via Mozilla Persona) for Mailman 3's
admin interface but it's hardly ready for prime time last I heard.
AFAIK it's not yet available for the core or for the archives.

Nobody has contributed it yet for Mailman 2 to my knowledge.

None of the above is authoritative, but I'm usually fairly well-informed.