[Mailman-Users] mailman list questions about password and bounces-back for invalid emails

Adam McGreggor adam-mailman at amyl.org.uk
Fri Feb 28 18:21:09 CET 2014

On Fri, Feb 28, 2014 at 10:11:22AM -0600, Barry S. Finkel wrote:
> As for passwords, I disabled the monthly password reminders.
> Many of my lists were auto-subscribe lists (from HR), and the
> subscriber almost never needed his/her password.  I do not remember
> a case where a subscriber needed assistance with a list password.

+1.

When setting up a new Mailman (2) instance, one of the things I do
is to remove that line from the crontab.

If users want a password reset, they can trigger it themselves. I've
never known anyone to think "oh, I had a mail on the 1st, I'll check
that…".

--
"How can you make good ideas sound so bad?"
"I'm an engineer."